Philips Auto Light Bulbs
What You Should Know Before Changing Your Lamps
Advice For Good Lighting
Note on regulations
- Change lamps by pair
- Replace headlamp bulbs every 30,000 kms or every two-years
- Adjust all lights regularly to avoid dazzling
- Check all signalling and interior lamps
- Regularly clean headlight lenses
- Always have a spare kit in your glove compartment in case of emergency
- Upgrade your automotive lights to homologated and original quality lamps
- European regulations guarantee road safety. All signalling and headlamps on European cars must receive ECE certification.
- Headlighting, signalling and other lamps that have received ECE approval bear an "E" mark (E1, E2...) and must have a certification number, i.e. E1-2C3.
It should be noted however that the E13 regulation does not ensure the same quality standards.
- The ECE regulation for headlighting lamps is divided into two categories: R37 for halogen and incandescent lamps; R99 for Xenon HID lamps. These two ratings indicate that the lamp has been certified.
A lamp may be defined by its nominal voltage, its energy consumption, the shape of its bulb or its category (H1, H4, R5W, P21W...).
All Philips automotive lamps are Lead Free
A pioneer in technological development, Philips is also environmentally conscious, and removed all trace of lead from its lamps one year before the new environmental regulations came into force.
All Philips Automotive lamps:
The market trend for automotive lighting...
- Incorporate leading edge lighting technology and Original Equipment (OE) Quality.
- Employ UV Quartz Glass.
- Are certified by ECE European regulation.
...is always on the move with the latest technological breakthroughs. Drivers understand more clearly about the relationship of good lighting to the safety and comfort of driving. There are diverse lighting needs at different times, on different roads and under different weather conditions. Other than pure functional usage, certain drivers consider lighting as part of self-representation reflecting their unique style and personality.
To accommodate all these different requirements, there are many ongoing projects to provide innovative lighting solutions for various performance upgrades.
Our mission is to continuously improve safety and comfort in car driving with leading lighting technologies.
Philips also cares about the environment, in terms of both product technology and manufacturing methods
: Many of the new technologies introduced by Philips Automotive Lighting are designed to enable significant environmental breakthroughs and to constantly enhance the green
image of the product ranges.
We make cadmium, mercury and lead-free products and recycling of materials.
: The quest to reduce energy consumption is a golden rule at Philips. It applies equally to products, manufacturing methods and packaging. Every effort is made to respect the environment.