Discovery 1 Uprated Shock Absorber Kits
De Carbon & Bilstein Uprated Shock Absorbers
The standard shock absorbers and springs fitted to Discovery are a cost-effective compromise between ride comfort, handling, load carrying and towing ability.
We recommend fitting De Carbon or Bilstein shock absorbers if any of the following applies to you:
1. You wish to improve handling.
2. You regularly tow large trailers or carry heavy loads for extended periods.
3. You have improved the performance of your Discovery (for example, fitting one of our sports exhausts).
4. You find the vehicle floats and wallows excessively, (see also anti-roll bar kits).
5. You regularly use the vehicle off-road.
De Carbon & Bilstein shock absorbers are heavy duty, non adjustable gas shock absorbers offering vastly superior damping abilities and extended life compared to original equipment.
We recommend changing the vehicle's springs at the same time. You can choose from uprated springs of standard ride height - recommended for normal road use - or raised ride height (front 30mm. rear 40mm higher), which are recommended for heavy towing and extra ground clearance when off-roading.
Our kits show just about every combination to suit your requirements - and they save you money too!
NOTE: De Carbon shock absorbers are not recommended for off road use.